|I Want to Quit Now!
- Call 1 800 QUIT NOW for toll free telephone-based counseling on tobacco use cessation, medicine recommendations, and educational materials. Spanish speaking counselors and materials are available. Description of NCI and American Legacy Foundation quitlines
- The National
Cancer Institute operates a national tobacco cessation quitline available at 1 800 QUIT NOW; Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:30pm
- The American
Legacy Foundation has a separate telephone-based smoking cessation quitline that they administer in conjunction with the American Cancer Society. (866) 667-8278; Monday-Friday, 8:00am- 8:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00am- 4:00pm
- Get online help at the Quit Now NC! partner quitline websites with instant messaging counseling, medicine information, and educational materials.
- Smokefree.gov - The NCI website offers counseling through instant messaging and lots of educational information.
Legacy - The Legacy website, which is especially appropriate for pregnant smokers, has counseling through instant messaging and other information.
- Additional quitting websites
Good Health Directory - lists cessation programs by county and statewide resources.
- Get Online Materials & Cessation Resources
- Spit Tobacco Cessation Information
- Secondhand Smoke Information - another good reason to quit smoking